The other day, as we were talking, a client shared with me an e-mail campaign sent out to close to 400 prospects WITH phone follow-up that generated a big fat ZERO. To be clear, not one of MY campaigns, but one they received from a vendor. After reviewing it, I saw that it violated almost every one of the “10 Commandments” of good IT services marketing.
Unfortunately, I see this a lot: campaigns hastily slapped together without any strategy or understanding of what it takes to get a response. Time and money wasted. Therefore, I thought it would be beneficial to provide a slightly revised list of “MUSTS” for every campaign.
#MSPmarketing campaigns hastily slapped together without understanding what it takes to get a response = time & money wasted @RobinRobins @SmarterMSP
10 Musts for MSP Marketing Campaigns
- There MUST be absolute crystal clarity on WHO we want to attract as a client.
- The list MUST be validated, segmented, and cleaned to avoid waste and to ensure the message is tightly matched to the market (prospect) receiving it.
- There MUST be an offer that the prospect will see high value in receiving.
- There MUST be strong sales copy that SELLS the offer or next step, NOT the ultimate product or service.
- The communication MUST be written to enter “the conversation going on” in the prospect’s or client’s mind.
- There MUST be testimonials and/or other trust- and credibility-building facts.
- There MUST be clear, specific instructions on how to respond, and more than one way to respond, ideally OFFLINE and ONLINE.
- There MUST be multiple communications/touches, ideally using more than one media.
- There MUST be accurate tracking and measurement.
- There MUST be a plan in place to quickly follow up on leads generated.
Do your recent MSP marketing campaigns include all 10 of these musts? If you’re not sure, then it’s time to make sure that your next campaign does before you waste more time and money.