We’re excited to share a few key product milestones and sales growth achievements from the Barracuda MSP business, which delivered strong growth and innovation in MSP security solutions, accelerated by the increasing number of MSPs growing a security-centric portfolio.
Recent highlights for Barracuda MSP include the acquisition of SKOUT Cybersecurity for extended detection and response (XDR), new integrations for Barracuda RMM, and the introduction of Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) capabilities for managed service providers (MSPs) through Barracuda CloudGen Access.
Recent MSP innovation highlights
- Managed XDR and SOC: In July, Barracuda acquired SKOUT Cybersecurity, a leader in cyber-as-a-service software for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and provider of an extended detection and response (XDR) platform and service. With the acquisition, Barracuda entered the fast-growing XDR market with a solution optimized for MSPs. The service is now available as Barracuda SKOUT Managed XDR.
- New XDR integration: Barracuda SKOUT Managed XDR now empowers MSPs to monitor data from Google Workspace instances. This new integration allows partners to detect attempts to:
- Bypass multi-factor authentication
- Escalate privileges
- Change administrator roles
- International expansion: In addition to partners in the Americas and EMEA, partners in Australia and New Zealand now have access to the full software portfolio of offerings available from Barracuda’s Managed XDR business, including authentication, endpoint protection, email, and network security solutions. Now, partners in the Australia-New Zealand region can prevent, detect, and respond to threats using our 24×7 SOC, making it easy to add security to their portfolios.
- Barracuda RMM enhancements: In August, Barracuda announced key updates to Barracuda RMM, the company’s security-centric, cloud-based remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform. Key highlights of the release include new integrations with Windows Defender Antivirus, updates to Microsoft and third-party software patch management functionality, enhanced integration with Barracuda Intronis Backup, and ServiceNow Service Desk integration.
- CloudGen Access for MSPs: In March, Barracuda expanded its portfolio of solutions and services for IT managed service providers to include Barracuda CloudGen Access for MSPs. With Barracuda CloudGen Access, MSPs can expand their security services to protect customers’ resources and implement control for any unmanaged BYOD devices, without making changes to customers’ existing workflows.
What people are saying
“With today’s increasingly sophisticated threats, MSPs must ensure they deliver security-centric services while managing their customers’ end users, networks, applications, and the data they are accessing,” said Hatem Naguib, President & CEO, Barracuda. “We are committed to delivering best-in-class security solutions and services that empower our MSP partners to protect their customers from the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape.”
“We’ve worked with Barracuda MSP for years and selected SKOUT Cybersecurity in 2020. Any acquisition of a partner can cause concern, but we were excited to see these two great companies come together, and were confident that we would receive even greater service going forward,” said John Limbach, COO at River Run. “At River Run, our mission is to deliver the best technology experiences for our clients, and working with Barracuda MSP and Barracuda SKOUT Managed XDR gives us the expertise and tools we need to make that easier.”
Take a closer look at Barracuda MSP’s security portfolio.
Photo: Dimj / Shutterstock