As an IT service provider, it’s essential to stay up to date on the latest security threats and industry trends. Whether you’re looking for some useful information to share on social media with your prospects and customers, or educating yourself on how to combat the most recent threat—we know that where you find your news is essential.
To help you find better technology news sources faster, we developed our list of the top 10 places to get your tech news; whether you’re looking for the newest security threats, tips on how to grow your MSP business, or the top IT channel headlines, this list has you covered.
- The Hacker News is a great place to get your security news. Whether it’s the latest malware threat, updates on recent security patches, or just general security news, it’s all there. More importantly it’s easy to skim and understand, making it a win-win for you and your customers.
- Cio.com is a great way to get knowledge you can use to help grow your IT services business. Whether you’re looking for an article on advanced IT strategies, insights on the most recent tech news story, or information on Big Data, this site has it all.
- TechRepublic. Are you looking for new product releases or industry trends? Tech Republic posts articles unveiling new products, trends to watch, and even tips to help you make better business decisions.
- ChannelE2E is a channel publication focused on the full lifecycle of the channel: from entrepreneur to exit. Stop by to catch 5 Channel Partner Updates (a daily post featuring bullet points from vendors in the channel), listen to podcasts, and read about the most recent mergers and acquisitions in the channel.
- MSPmentor is a great guide for your MSP—and they even do a top 500 list of the world’s most successful MSPs annually (Have you made the list?). Take away best practices for your MSP business, read what some of the top industry voices have to share, or learn about recent industry studies.
- ChannelPro Network is a news site that’s easy to search. Find what you’re looking for in the drop-down menus at the top, or scroll down and look for the media you want to interact with. Are you looking for a video, download, article, or news story? They are all easily labeled, allowing you to find the information you’re looking for quickly and easily.
- Business Solutions is a great source for a variety of industry voices. Get tips from MSPs like you, or hear what a vendor has to say on specific topics. The mix of advice will help give you a balanced view of how to grow your business.
- Forbes Tech offers more general tech news. This includes tech gadgets, big enterprise tech headlines, and even some unexpected gems in between, like the daily quotes you’ll see when you’re waiting for a page to load, or the daily cartoon strip that illustrates some of the big news stories of the day.
- TechCrunch is another great general tech news source. It isn’t as serious as Forbes, but it can still offer you quick news on gadgets, mobile devices, startups, and even social media stories. While it does offer some fun topics, they certainly delve into some big news stories as well. But, perhaps the best thing about this site is the way that you can filter your stories; would you like the most recent articles or the most popular?
- BetaNews is quick to post and often has 10 to 15 new articles that post each day giving you a plethora of articles to choose from. Looking for a quick post to share on Twitter with your followers? BetaNews has great gems hiding in their lineup.
While you may not have time to check all these sites on a daily basis, we certainly hope that this gave you a good list of resources to check when a few minutes of your day open up. Technology is constantly evolving, so staying up with the newest trends and news stories is important. If we didn’t name your favorite tech news source, please share it in the comment section below!